Razne teme, pitanja, iskustva
Odgovori
Korisnikov avatar
maxer
Pridružio se: 13 Jan 2012, 01:36
Garaža: Ford Focus II Mk2 1.6 16V

Re: Nauka i tehnologija

Post od maxer » 06 Maj 2017, 16:01

Na kraju se govori o tome šta i dan danas predstavlja globalnu opasnost po život na zemlji (ako dođe do globalnog zagrevanja), kao i tada:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmeTCw5Xk1I

Korisnikov avatar
maxer

Post od maxer » 10 Maj 2017, 09:59

Pitanje dana: Zemljotres koji bi mogao da odnese hiljade života

Vodeći stručnjaci za zeljotrese poslali su alarmantno upozorenje da bi rased San Andreas mogao da se nalazi na ivici razornog zemljotresa koji bi pogodio područje Los Anđelesa i južne Kalifornije.
Izvor: 24sata.hr utorak, 9.05.2017. | 21:55
http://www.b92.net/zivot/vesti.php?yyyy ... id=1258627

Tomas Džordan, direktor Centra za zemljotrese Južne Kalifornije, rekao je da je rased u kritičnom stanju i da bi potres mogao da usledi prilično brzo.

San Andreas se nalazi na granici Severnoameričke i Pacifičke tektonske ploče i od 1857. i zemljotresa magnitude 7.9 stepeni Rihterove skale nije bilo snažnog potresa na tom području.

Rased je jedan od mnogih koji razdvajaju tektonske ploče koje se kreću u približno istom smeru prema severu, ali Pacifička je brža, što znači da se između njih stalno stvara veliki stres. Džordan je upozorio da je stanje u sistemu San Andreas izuzetno napeto.

“Južni deo raseda izgleda kao da je zapet i spreman za pucanje”, rekao je u govoru na konferenciji o zemljotresima u Kaliforniji.

Pohvalio je napore čelnika u Los Anđelesu koji rade na tome da grad što spremnije dočeka eventualnu katastrofu. Radi se na jačanju konstrukcije starijih zgrada, a osnažuje se i snabdevanje vodom i telekomunikaciona infrastruktura.
Ipak, posledice razornog zemljotresa bi mogle da budu ogromne.
Scenario koji je objavljen pre 8 godina predviđa da bi u slučaju zemljotresa od 7.8 Rihtera na ovom delu raseda bilo čak 1.800 mrtvih, a materijalna šteta iznosila 213 milijardi dolara.

Korisnikov avatar
ljuba
Pridružio se: 19 Sep 2013, 19:52
Garaža: X-trail

Post od ljuba » 11 Maj 2017, 19:40

Bas se ugojio :) cccc

Korisnikov avatar
maxer

Post od maxer » 17 Maj 2017, 11:29

Seasonal Flows in Valles Marineris

Slika

Recurring slope lineae (RSL) are seasonal flows on warm slopes, and are especially common in central and eastern Valles Marineris, as seen in this observation by NASA's Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter (MRO). This image covers a large area full of interesting features, but the enhanced color closeup highlight some of the RSL.

Here, the RSL are active on east-facing slopes, extending from bouldery terrain and terminating on fans. Perhaps the fans themselves built up over time from the seasonal flows. Part of the fans with abundant RSL are dark, while the downhill portion of the fans are bright. The role of water in RSL activity is a matter of active debate.

The map is projected here at a scale of 50 centimeters (19.7 inches) per pixel. [The original image scale is 52.6 centimeters (20.7 inches) per pixel (with 2 x 2 binning); objects on the order of 158 centimeters (62.2 inches) across are resolved.] North is up.

The University of Arizona, Tucson, operates HiRISE, which was built by Ball Aerospace & Technologies Corp., Boulder, Colo. NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory, a division of Caltech in Pasadena, California, manages the Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter Project for NASA's Science Mission Directorate, Washington.

https://www.jpl.nasa.gov/spaceimages/de ... d=PIA21608

Korisnikov avatar
maxer

Post od maxer » 17 Maj 2017, 11:34

Approaching Jupiter

Slika

This enhanced color view of Jupiter's south pole was created by citizen scientist Gabriel Fiset using data from the JunoCam instrument on NASA's Juno spacecraft. Oval storms dot the cloudscape. Approaching the pole, the organized turbulence of Jupiter's belts and zones transitions into clusters of unorganized filamentary structures, streams of air that resemble giant tangled strings.

The image was taken on Dec. 11, 2016 at 9:44 a.m. PST (12:44 p.m. EST), from an altitude of about 32,400 miles (52,200 kilometers) above the planet's beautiful cloud tops.

JunoCam's raw images are available at http://www.missionjuno.swri.edu/junocam for the public to peruse and process into image products.

NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory manages the Juno mission for the principal investigator, Scott Bolton, of Southwest Research Institute in San Antonio. Juno is part of NASA's New Frontiers Program, which is managed at NASA's Marshall Space Flight Center in Huntsville, Alabama, for NASA's Science Mission Directorate. Lockheed Martin Space Systems, Denver, built the spacecraft. Caltech in Pasadena, California, manages JPL for NASA.

https://www.jpl.nasa.gov/spaceimages/de ... d=PIA21390

Korisnikov avatar
maxer

Post od maxer » 17 Maj 2017, 13:57

Textures Where Curiosity Rover Studied a Martian Dune
May 4, 2017
https://www.jpl.nasa.gov/spaceimages/de ... d=PIA11242

Slika

This view from the Mast Camera (Mastcam) on NASA's Curiosity Mars rover shows two scales of ripples, plus other textures, in an area where the mission examined a linear-shaped dune in the Bagnold dune field on lower Mount Sharp.

The scene is an excerpt from a 360-degree panorama acquired on March 24 and March 25, 2017, (PST) during the 1,647th Martian day, or sol, of Curiosity's work on Mars, at a location called "Ogunquit Beach."

Crests of the longer ripples visible in the dark sand of the dune are several feet (a few meters) apart. This medium-scale feature in active sand dunes on Mars was one of Curiosity's findings at the crescent-shaped dunes that the rover examined in late 2015 and early 2016. Ripples that scale are not seen on Earth's sand dunes. Overlaid on those ripples are much smaller ripples, with crests about ten times closer together.

Textures of the local bedrock in the foreground -- part of the Murray formation that originated as lakebed sediments -- and of gravel-covered ground (at right) are also visible.
The image has been white-balanced so that the colors of the colors of the rock and sand materials resemble how they would appear under daytime lighting conditions on Earth.

NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory, a division of the California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, manages the Mars Science Laboratory Project for NASA's Science Mission Directorate, Washington. JPL designed and built the project's Curiosity rover. Malin Space Science Systems, San Diego, built and operates the rover's Mastcam.

Korisnikov avatar
maxer

Post od maxer » 18 Maj 2017, 10:13

Interesantno: veliki asteroid, imenovan kao "2014 JO25", snimljen radio-teleskopom ...

Slika
ako želite veći snimak (gif je 5 MB):
https://photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov/archive/PIA21597.gif

This movie of asteroid 2014 JO25 was generated using radar data collected by NASA's 230-foot-wide (70-meter) Deep Space Network antenna at Goldstone, California on April 19, 2017.

When the observations began 2014 JO25 was 1.53 million miles (2.47 million kilometers) from Earth. By the time the observations concluded, the asteroid was 1.61 million miles (2.59 million kilometers) away.

The asteroid has a contact binary structure -- two lobes connected by a neck-like region. The largest of the asteroid's two lobes is estimated to be 2,000 feet (610 meters) across.

Asteroid 2014 JO25 approached to within 1.1 million miles (1.8 million kilometers) of Earth on April 19. There are no future flybys by 2014 JO25 as close as this one for more than 400 years.

The resolution of the radar images is about 25 feet (7.5 meters) per pixel. 154 images were used to create the movie shown.

More information regarding asteroid 2014 JO25 can be found at https://cneos.jpl.nasa.gov/news/news196.html and http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/asteroidwatch.

Korisnikov avatar
maxer

Post od maxer » 24 Maj 2017, 10:37

NASA je publikovala tkz. PRE-POSLE pogled na efekat klimatskih promenta tj. globalnog zagrevanja planete i sličnih velikih ekoloških promena:
https://climate.nasa.gov/images-of-chan ... ara-desert
Ispod slike se nalazi opis i datum prikazanih fotografija terena (nemojte da vas zbuni podatak sa prve slike koja samo pokazuje da i u Sahari može padati sneg kao da je Evorpski kontinent u sred zime).
Dole desno imate ikone za više načina prikaza datog materijala.

Korisnikov avatar
Geza
Pridružio se: 06 Jan 2012, 11:49

Post od Geza » 04 Avg 2017, 12:43

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePINYZK4p5Y
Najgore je svađati se sa budalom. Prvo te spusti na svoj nivo, a onda te dotuče iskustvom...
Slika Slika

Korisnikov avatar
ljuba
Pridružio se: 19 Sep 2013, 19:52
Garaža: X-trail

Post od ljuba » 28 Avg 2017, 11:16

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-08-2 ... eakthrough

PS: Moja bivsa firma je testirala neke materijale za Francuski eksperimentalni fuzioni reaktor, i to vec duze vreme... Tipa vrata, zidove i sl...

Korisnikov avatar
Geza
Pridružio se: 06 Jan 2012, 11:49

Post od Geza » 28 Avg 2017, 11:58

Neko će morati da ide na Mesec da donese helijum 3.
Najgore je svađati se sa budalom. Prvo te spusti na svoj nivo, a onda te dotuče iskustvom...
Slika Slika

Korisnikov avatar
maxer

Post od maxer » 28 Avg 2017, 19:21

Već se razmišlja o tome ... stranica Evropske Svermiske Agencije:
http://www.esa.int/Our_Activities/Prepa ... ar_surface

HELIUM-3 MINING ON THE LUNAR SURFACE

The idea of harvesting a clean and efficient form of energy from the Moon has stimulated science fiction and fact in recent decades. Unlike Earth, which is protected by its magnetic field, the Moon has been bombarded with large quantities of Helium-3 by the solar wind. It is thought that this isotope could provide safer nuclear energy in a fusion reactor, since it is not radioactive and would not produce dangerous waste products.

The Apollo programme's own geologist, Harrison Schmidt, has repeatedly made the argument for Helium-3 mining, whilst Gerald Kulcinski at the University of Wisconsin-Madison is another leading proponent. He has created a small reactor at the Fusion Technology Institute, but so far it has not been possible to create the helium fusion reaction with a net power output.

This has not stopped the search for Helium-3 from being a motivating factor in space exploration, however. Apart from the traditional space-faring nations, the India has previously indicated its interest in mining the lunar surface. The use of Moon resources was also part of Newt Gingrich's unsuccessful candidacy for the Republican party’s nomination for the US presidency in 2012.

Private enterprise is also interested in using fuel from the Moon – although possibly by extracting water rather than Helium-3. The Shackleton Energy company envisages providing propellant for missions throughout the Solar System using lunar water.

Some teams vying for the Google Lunar X-Prize also see mining as an ultimate goal of their landers. ESA has also considered using the Moon to help missions farther into the Solar System.

Arguments have also been made for mining Helium-3 from Jupiter, where it is much more abundant – it would need to be given the distances involved. Extracting the molecule from Jupiter would also be a less power-hungry process.

Not everyone is in agreement that Helium 3 will produce a safe fusion solution. In an article entitled "Fears over Factoids" in 2007, the theoretical physicist Frank Close famously described the concept as "moonshine". Either way, it seems we will have to be patient to find out the answers

Korisnikov avatar
maxer

Post od maxer » 21 Sep 2017, 11:07

Po proračunima Danijela Rotmana, profesora geofizike na Tehnološkom institutu u Masačusetsu, čovečanstvo ima još samo 82 godine da reši pitanje svog opstanka na Zemlji.
Izvor: četvrtak, 21.09.2017. | 09:50

Rotman je pomoću jednostavne matematičke formule izračunao da će okeani uskoro sadržati toliko ugljenika da će masovni pomor biti neminovan, prenosi News.com.au.
U poslednjih 540 miliona godina, planeta je pretrpela pet takvih događaja, uključujući istrebljenje dinosaurusa.
Najgori masovni pomor dogodio se pre 252 miliona godina, kada je odumrlo 95 odsto marinskog života zbog naglog povećanja kiselosti okeana.
Kritična količina ugljenika u okeanima iznosi 500 gigatona, dok se trenutno nalazi oko 310 gigatona ovog elementa, navodi naučnik.
Njegova studija je pokazala da će krajem veka ciklus kruženja ugljenika dovesti do prirodne katastrofe.
Rotman navodi da je čovečanstvo od perioda industrijske revolucije emitovalo u atmosferu 1.540 milijardi tona ugljen-dioksida, što je jednako količini uglja koja bi se prostirala od polja veličine 22 x 22 metara na Zemlji do Meseca (razdaljina od 386.000 kilometara).
Polovina emitovane količine ugljen-dioksida ostala je u Zemljinoj atmosferi, uzrokujući 10 puta brži porast tog gasa od bilo koje katastrofe koja je zadesila našu planetu.

http://www.b92.net/zivot/vesti.php?yyyy ... id=1305903

Korisnikov avatar
snork
Pridružio se: 13 Jan 2012, 07:50

Post od snork » 21 Sep 2017, 16:35

Ah, B92 i njihovi stručni prevodi - "marinski život". :kezo:
Ђенерал Јанковић

Odgovori