dragvorl
Site Admin
Pridružio se: 06 Jan 2012, 13:03
Garaža: Fiat Stilo 1.9 MJ
Kontakt:

Re: Profit proizvođača po automobilu

Post od dragvorl » 02 Jan 2013, 17:01

How Renault's low-cost Dacia has become a 'cash cow'

Once considered a risky bet, Romanian automaker Dacia has become Renault's global profit machine.

Europeans think of Renault's Dacia lineup as cheap, entry-level models that compete with used cars for sales.

But Dacias are built and sold around the world, often badged as Renaults and sold for handsome prices – and profits.

For 2012, Renault expected that sales of its low-cost M0 platform would total 950,000 to 1 million units, up from 813,000 in 2011. Of those, nearly two-thirds will carry Renault badges, while the rest will sell as Dacias.

"Dacia is really a cash cow for the company," said Renault Chief Operating Officer Carlos Tavares in an interview with Automotive News Europe.

Fat margins

Renault does not report individual results for its brands, but Morgan Stanley estimates that Dacia has an operating margin of 9 percent, which is more common for premium automakers.

That's good news for Renault, whose global automotive unit in the first six months of 2012 reported an operating margin of only 0.4 percent.

"There seems to be a common misconception that average sales price for the Dacia business are extremely low, in the range of about 8,000 euros," said Laura Lembke, a financial analysts at Morgan Stanley in London. That is not the case. Dacia models branded as Renaults in international markets sold at least for 20 percent more than Dacia-brand models in Europe, Lembke said.

In Brazil, Renault sells the Duster small SUV for 21,000 to 27,000 euros, compared with a price range of 12,000 to 19,000 euros as a Dacia in Europe, Lembke estimates.

In Europe, Dacia upset the established order with no-frills models that significantly undercut the competition. For the first time, customers on tight budgets could buy new vehicles with three-year warranties at used-car prices.

When the first Logan sedan launched in 2004, Dacia was unknown outside Romania, its home. Now, annual sales in the European Union have grown to 250,000 units, according to the European industry association ACEA. Dacia has become a global brand, with sales in 36 markets.

Schweitzer's bet

Dacia is a bet that Renault placed 13 years ago, part of an ambitious expansion plan hatched by former CEO Louis Schweitzer.

In 1999, Schweitzer acquired Dacia, an obscure, nearly defunct Romanian company. The deal was overshadowed by Renault's alliance that same year with Nissan, which was nearly bankrupt at the time.

Schweitzer had a plan in mind. Under Renault, Dacia's first product was the Logan compact hatchback, which debuted in 2004.

The Logan was priced at 5,900 euros – higher than Schweitzer's 5,000 euro target, but still the cheapest modern car available in eastern Europe. Dacia subsequently introduced in western Europe a better-equipped Logan that started at 7,500 euros.

In a European market plagued by price wars, Dacia doesn't need big discounts. Tavares said that most Dacia customers don't even ask for a discount because they want to avoid the stress of bargaining.

The brand also has one of the lowest dealer margins in the region, approximately 5 percent of the retail price.

Dacia can do this because its dealers are not required to build their own stores. Instead, they share showrooms with existing Renault dealerships.

Global production

Renault has successfully transplanted its rock-bottom price strategy to emerging markets all over the world. Renault builds the M0-based vehicles in 11 assembly plants in eastern Europe, Russia, Africa, South America and India.

Dacia started sales in the UK and Ireland last year by exporting a right-hand-drive version of the Duster built in Chennai, India.

Despite its low price, the M0 architecture can be customized so that the cars it underpins will meet consumer tastes in different markets.

In India, for example, the Duster has a second climate control unit in the rear compartment, along with two reading lights.

"Being able to fine-tune the characteristics is an important part of the edge we have over our competitors," said Arnaud Deboeuf, chief of Renault's entry-level models.

Rivals say the Dacia business model works because its M0 platform uses old Renault technology that has been fully amortized. Morgan Stanley's Lembke agrees, adding that M0-based vehicles are built exclusively in countries with low labor costs.

"While a worker receives an hourly wage of 34 euros in France, 30 euros in Germany and 20 euros in Spain, it is only one-third of that in eastern Europe," Lembke notes.

And in Morocco, where Renault opened its new Tangiers assembly plant, workers earn less than 4 euros an hour.

More models

Eight years ago, Dacia started out with the Logan sedan. Two years later, the Logan-based MCV wagon joined the lineup. Then the brand added the Sandero subcompact, Duster small SUV, Lodgy compact minivan and Dokker, a car-derived van.

It took eight years to add those models. Phase II won't take as long.

At the Paris show last September, Dacia unveiled the second generation of the Logan, together with the new Sandero hatch and its highly successful Stepway variant.

The new models offer more style and more content for the same price.

In France, the redesigned Logan sedan retails for the same 7,700 euros as the previous model, while the Sandero is priced like its predecessor at 7,900 euros.

Moreover, the new models have optional equipment – such as multimedia systems and cruise control – that one might not expect in a budget car.

"We will remain true to Dacia's basic goal: a no-frills, practical car," Deboeuf said.

Given the uncertainties of Europe's market, Deboeuf says it's too early to offer a specific sales target for 2013. But he did say that Dacia will sell more vehicles this year – recession or no recession.

"So far, we have always sold more cars than the year before since the launch in 2004," Deboeuf said. "Why would that be different in 2013?"

Whether or not sales are strong this year, Dacia appears likely to strengthen its grip on the entry-level market. Rival global automakers have not mounted a vigorous challenge to Dacia in this segment yet. Tavares says he is not surprised. "We are 10 years ahead," he said. "For others it won't be easy to catch up."

Read more: http://www.autonews.com/article/2013010 ... z2Gpno8X2I
SlikaSlika
Mauro Forghieri:"Power comes from speed, torque without speed is nothing"
Life is funny, skies are sunny, Bees make honey, who needs money

Korisnikov avatar
nidza
Pridružio se: 26 Feb 2012, 22:23
Garaža: Oktavije dvije

Post od nidza » 03 Jan 2013, 15:49

Logane sam viđao bukvalno svuda gde sam putovao. Zapanjen sam gledao Logane u Saudijskoj Arabiji između svih onih japanskih i američkih automobila.

Duster je čak zanimljiv auto skroz. U Rusiji i Gruziji sam ih viđao u bogatoj opremi, sa hromiranim detaljima spolja, skroz dobro izgleda auto.

Svaka njima čast. Doduše, to su nove fabrike, koncipirane u skladu sa aktuelnim ekonomskim trendovima, pa je normalno da se zarađuje dobro. Stare fabrike nose pregršt tereta iz prošlosti, kada su ekonomske prilike bile drugačije. Mnogo je lakše napraviti novi koncept nego prilagođavati stari, pogotovo ako je kompleksan kao što je proizvodnja automobila.

Tapatalk HD

Korisnikov avatar
Texonja
Pridružio se: 13 Jan 2012, 01:09
Garaža: X3

Post od Texonja » 03 Jan 2013, 18:36

Crni duster sa hrom detaljima izgleda odlicno. Iskombinujes sa 4x4 i 1.5dci, uzmes klimu i dobijas odlican allaround auto, ali nazalost to vise nije jeftina Dacia i gubi se glavni adut, jer se onda priblizava cenom margini od 20.000e (nije na 20k ali nije ni daleko) gde je konkurencija opasna u vidu Korejanaca, Skode, jeftinijih Japosa...

sent from my HTC Sensation
Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is that you're stupid and make bad decisions!

Korisnikov avatar
dunx81
Pridružio se: 13 Jan 2012, 08:20
Garaža: Civic 1.8

Re: Одг: Profit proizvođača po automobilu

Post od dunx81 » 03 Jan 2013, 20:45

Vidjam ih dosta po ulicama i nekako imam utisak da ljudi vise uzimaju one klotare+awd nego napucane fwd.

sent using Tapatalk

Korisnikov avatar
dragvorl
Site Admin
Kontakt:

Post od dragvorl » 24 Dec 2013, 11:41

Porsche emerges as world's most profitable carmaker

German luxury carmaker Porsche has been found to be the most profitable producer of vehicles across the globe. According to a fresh study, the Volkswagen brand earns most money per unit sold.
A global survey by the CAR Center at Duisburg-Essen University revealed Monday that German automaker Porsche earned an average of 17.056 euros ($22.160) per unit sold in 2012. The figure relates to profit before tax and interest.
"Porsche's price policy has turned out to be very viable on global markets," the head of the CAR Institute and automotive expert Ferdinand Dudenhöffer, said in a statement.
He added that the results of the study reflected the realities of a slumping European car market. Dudenhöffer noted that only automakers which did not focus primarily or even exclusively on the European market had been profitable.
Bracing for new records
The survey showed that cars from General Motors Europe (Opel, Vauxhall) and Ford ended up at the bottom of the profitability table, incurring losses of 834 euros and 967 euros, respectively, per unit sold in 2012.
Porsche announced earlier it had recorded its best year ever in 2012. The maker of the iconic 911 sports car logged a 19.3-percent jump in operating profit last year.
Strong demand for luxury vehicles in Asia and the US along with the launch of new models helped the Volkswagen brand to drive a 22.3-percent gain in sales. "With our international position and a strict cost management we remain cautiously optimistic for the current year, Porsche's Chief Financial Officer, Lutz Meschke, told reporters in Stuttgart.

http://www.dw.de/porsche-emerges-as-wor ... a-16727077
SlikaSlika

Korisnikov avatar
Texonja
Pridružio se: 13 Jan 2012, 01:09
Garaža: X3

Post od Texonja » 24 Dec 2013, 14:00

Napisao sam na prethodnoj strani koliko je Cayman kostao kada je izasao iz fabrike, a za koliko je prodat. Zarada gotovo 100%
Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is that you're stupid and make bad decisions!

Korisnikov avatar
NidzaV8
Banned
Pridružio se: 17 Okt 2013, 09:50

Post od NidzaV8 » 28 Dec 2013, 14:56

Cls 350 cdi 2011 , cca 33.000,00 eura . Prodajna cena cca 66.000,00 . + - do iljadu eura ....

Korisnikov avatar
dragvorl
Site Admin
Kontakt:

Post od dragvorl » 19 Feb 2014, 13:39

Mislim da je ovo mozda najbolja tema.
Ferrari Workers Receive Big Profit Sharing Bonus

Today, every Ferrari employee in Maranello, Italy received a special bonus along with their regular paycheck celebrating the strong financial performance of the company. This special payment follows Luca di Montezemolo's announcement at the Geneva Motor Show that all employees would soon see some additional money. The bonus checks given out today were an amount equivalent to one month's salary for each year worked for the company over the last three years. Ferrari, a company owned by Fiat S.p.A., employs over 3,000 workers. The average Ferrari factory worker earns about $23,000 USD per year. These factory salaries are equivalent to what other automobile factories in Europe pay. Salaries increase as workers move up the corporate latter along with additional skills and responsibilities. The top F1 race mechanics earn up to $230,000 annually. Therefore, standard workers earned an additional $5,768 bonus. Plus, Ferrari also pays a $5,128 competiveness bonus to those key employees who have signed a supplementary employment contract. In total, a standard employee could potentially earn up to $10,896 above their $23,000 annual income. Proportionally, this is remarkable.
http://cafespa.com/index.php?news=00009 ... ring-Bonus
SlikaSlika

Korisnikov avatar
Rakhil
Pridružio se: 06 Jan 2012, 13:01
Garaža: Ford Focus Mk2 1.6 16V, KTM Leggero Cross

Post od Rakhil » 19 Feb 2014, 15:08

Interesantno, ocekivao bih vece plate u Ferariju. Cak i da je u pitanju neto iznos, vrlo je uporedivo sa nasim platama u Fiatu, a ako je pre nekih opterecenja, tek onda...

Korisnikov avatar
dragvorl
Site Admin
Kontakt:

Post od dragvorl » 19 Feb 2014, 15:10

Mislim da je bruto iznos u pitanju, tako se obicno navodi u Americi, a koliko mi je poznato i uopste na zapadu.
SlikaSlika

Korisnikov avatar
Delija
Pridružio se: 13 Jan 2012, 08:48
Garaža: BMW M340i | Honda CR-V
Kontakt:

Post od Delija » 19 Feb 2014, 15:11

NidzaV8 je napisao:Cls 350 cdi 2011 , cca 33.000,00 eura . Prodajna cena cca 66.000,00 . + - do iljadu eura ....
Ono sto sam cuo je da se oko Mercedesa moze relativno fino cenkati. Da li je to tacno?
Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take but by the moments that take your breath away...

Korisnikov avatar
NidzaV8
Banned

Post od NidzaV8 » 23 Feb 2014, 10:32

Delija je napisao:
NidzaV8 je napisao:Cls 350 cdi 2011 , cca 33.000,00 eura . Prodajna cena cca 66.000,00 . + - do iljadu eura ....
Ono sto sam cuo je da se oko Mercedesa moze relativno fino cenkati. Da li je to tacno?
Ne znam da li me pitaš kada se kupuje novi auto u salonu , pa misliš na cenkanje sa menadzerom oko popusta, ili polovan .
Ako misliš pri kupovini polovnog auta ,mislim da tu brend ne igra neku ulogu, koliko vlasnik koji prodaje i kupac naravno i njegova taktika( kao i taktika prodavca pa gde se nadjete ,kao u pokerici ne igras protiv karata nego protiv coveka ; ne kupujes mercedes nego automobil ),a taktika i njihovih podvarijacija ima xxxx . Ja obično gledam na taj način da kada mi sam prodavac bez da ga pitam kaže čuvenu " Ako ste ozbiljan kupac specijalno za Vas ta i ta cena" to obično znači da je već računao u startu na tu cenu .Ako to oboriš za xxx eura ok si . Mada ja nikad ne pričam o ceni u startu .

Korisnikov avatar
dragvorl
Site Admin
Kontakt:

Post od dragvorl » 23 Feb 2014, 11:49

Ja bih rekao da je mislio na nov auto.
SlikaSlika

Korisnikov avatar
Delija
Pridružio se: 13 Jan 2012, 08:48
Garaža: BMW M340i | Honda CR-V
Kontakt:

Post od Delija » 23 Feb 2014, 13:27

Naravno, na nov auto sam mislio inace pitanje nema smisla.
Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take but by the moments that take your breath away...

Korisnikov avatar
NidzaV8
Banned

Post od NidzaV8 » 23 Feb 2014, 19:40

Ok ok , vidi ja sam dobio 5% umesto prvobitnih 3% . Kupovao sam jedno 20 dana lagano, uradio 7-8 ponuda razlicitih ...Medjutim ne moze na sve su mislili . Stvar je kompromisa koji ti zelis da napravis . Pricam o varijantama dodatne opreme . Tako da kada su videli da me nema okrenuli na tel. i rekli ok idemo na 5% jel to ok .Ja reko ok.... E sad mislim da 3 % dobijas bez problema i to je ono sto oni nude ja mislim za skoro svaki svoj model . Nekog većeg cenkanja od ovog teško da može da bude ; ili da ides na moju varijantu i vidis sta ce biti :D .
Ima sigurno i udela to sto sam kupovao cls koji je cenovno malo zestok za nase uslove i ja mislim da je moj bio deseti koji je prodat , tako da su verovatno imali neki prosek koji su jurili jer je auto koji ne ide mnogo . .

Odgovori