Električni automobili

Opšte diskusije o markama i modelima automobila
Odgovori
Korisnikov avatar
Geza
Pridružio se: 06 Jan 2012, 11:49

Re: Električni automobili

Post od Geza » 10 Maj 2024, 22:05

Najgore je svađati se sa budalom. Prvo te spusti na svoj nivo, a onda te dotuče iskustvom...
Slika Slika

Korisnikov avatar
Geza
Pridružio se: 06 Jan 2012, 11:49

Post od Geza » 14 Maj 2024, 22:14

Electric Cars: Europe and China on the Brink of Trade War
https://thegaze.media/news/electric-car ... -trade-war

The EU is preparing tough tariffs on Chinese electric vehicles (EVs), although this may pose problems for European manufacturers themselves. But behind the scenes - colossal subsidies from the Chinese government to its own automakers. And this is seen in Europe as a sign of unfair play.

Every fourth electric car sold in the European Union in 2024 will be of Chinese origin. At the same time, the share of electric cars originating directly from China will reach 11% of the European market. These are the figures released by the European Federation for Transport and Environment (T&E).

In 2023, the number of registrations of new electric vehicles in EU countries reached 2.4 million. Of these, about 20% or nearly half a million cars came to Europe from China.

The EU authorities are alarmed and intend to impose additional tariffs on Chinese automobile imports, citing the desire to protect the market from aggressive exports from China. But European automakers believe that such protectionism will do more harm than good. Moreover, these restrictions could jeopardize the implementation of the Green Deal, which envisages a ban on the sale of new ICE cars from 2035 and the complete electrification of the automotive industry.

Has the New Trade War Already Begun?
"It is important for Europe not to allow China to flood our market with heavily subsidized electric vehicles," said Ursula von der Leyen, President of the European Commission, on May 8, speaking at the 36th congress of the Christian Democratic Union (CDU) party in Berlin.

According to her, the European Union has nothing against fair competition. But Europe does not want to accept that car imports from China receive huge unjustified subsidies.

"And we must fight this, we must protect our industry," von der Leyen urged.

A few days before this statement, Ursula von der Leyen and French President Emmanuel Macron held a joint meeting with Chinese President Xi Jinping, during which the parties discussed economic and trade issues, among others.

Interestingly, the rhetoric of European politicians at this meeting was not as confrontational.

Von der Leyen stated that the discussion with her Chinese colleague was "open and honest", that the European Union is ready to use trade defense instruments, but agreed that access to each other's markets "must be reciprocal." Macron said that the future of the EU depends in any case on the "ability to continue to develop balanced relations with China." And Xi Jinping called on European colleagues to "remain partners."

Special Tariffs - Already This Summer
The European Union is meanwhile on the verge of introducing additional duties on the import of Chinese cars. Already in October 2023, the European Commission launched an investigation into combating the subsidization of Chinese electric vehicles, the result of which may be the introduction of special duties.

The investigation may last up to 13 months. But the EU reserves the right to start applying temporary duties after 9 months, i.e., from July.

Currently, the EU levies an import duty of 10% on each car imported from China. Following the investigation, tariffs could increase to 25%.

But European tariffs look incredibly lenient compared to those in the US, where there is talk of a 100% duty on imported cars from China against the current 25%.

But why do European car manufacturers call the European Commission's desire to fence off from China a shot in the foot? The point is that EU automakers have their own factories in China and produce their models there, which are then imported into Europe. And they have quite ambitious plans for the Chinese market as well. But in the event of powerful tariffs, corresponding retaliatory actions from Beijing should be expected.

In particular, BMW intends to invest an additional $2.8 billion in expanding its electric vehicle production in Shenyang by the end of 2026. And Volkswagen plans to invest $2.68 billion in a production and innovation center in Hefei.

Chinese Won't Back Down Easily
Even localizing electric car production in Europe won't be a complete solution for European companies. They still can't do without Chinese components. Especially rare metals and elements used in electric car batteries. Moreover, power elements from China are at least 20% cheaper than those from European factories. And Chinese manufacturers have insane state support, allowing them to compete both in terms of technology and prices.

"In the EU, there will be no car without components from China, just as there will be no 'Green Deal' in Europe without resources from China," believes BMW CEO Oliver Zipse.

Chinese manufacturers won't sit idly either. They are opening their production facilities in Europe. BYD, a company aiming to capture 5% of the electric car market in the EU by 2025, has announced the construction of a factory in Hungary. And French Finance Minister Bruno Le Maire stated that the government will support any BYD projects if the company decides to open a factory in France.

So, even among EU member states, there is no unity. While the European Commission dreams of how to protect itself from Chinese EV exports, the authorities of individual countries are counting on money from the Chinese government, which supports, among other things, the creation of jobs in those EU countries.

US-China trade war: Why Joe Biden has raised the stakes
https://www.dw.com/en/us-china-trade-wa ... a-69076641

In a move to safeguard domestic industries and address unfair trade practices, the US president has quadrupled tariffs on Chinese electric vehicles and raised levies on other green tech.

What has the Biden administration announced?
In a move that is likely to inflame trade tensions between the world's two biggest economies, the Biden administration announced on Tuesday it was imposing more stringent curbs on Chinese imports worth $18 billion (€16.67 billion).

After nearly four years of review, Washington will hike tariffs in targeted sectors, with Chinese electric vehicles (EVs) bearing the brunt of the increase. The total tariff on these vehicles will skyrocket to 102.5% from the current 27.5%.

The new measures also target other technologies including batteries, solar cells, steel, and aluminum. Levies will rise from 7.5% to 25% on lithium batteries, from zero to 25% on critical minerals, from 25% to 50% on solar cells, and from 25% to 50% on semiconductors.

Biden has previously announced steel and aluminum tariffs, which will increase to 25% on some products that have a 7.5% rate or no tariffs now.

The action is aimed at encouraging China to "eliminate its unfair trade practices regarding technology transfer, intellectual property, and innovation," the White House said in a statement.

The EV rate aims to protect the US from a potential flood of Chinese cars that could upend the politically sensitive auto industry.
Biden's team has meticulously finalized the measures, balancing the need for protectionism with considerations for sustaining economic growth.

The new tariffs will begin after 90 days from Tuesday — a period that will be closely watched for signs of tit-for-tat retaliation by China.

How effective will the measures be?
Chinese EVs were virtually locked out of the US market years ago by existing tariffs, while Chinese solar firms mostly export to the US from overseas, avoiding similar curbs.

The Biden administration has been "focused on sectors of longstanding concern," said Greta Peisch from law firm Wiley Rein LLP who served until January as the top trade lawyer for the US Trade Representative's office.

"These are calculated to address particular activities and risks and avoid escalation, to maintain the relationship with China that we have" outside those key goods, she told news agency Bloomberg.

So, despite the somewhat symbolic nature of Biden's measures, particularly given China's limited reliance on US consumers for targeted sectors, the move underscores broader concerns about China's economic influence and unfair trade practices.

Washington aims to protect key US sectors like electric vehicles, batteries, and solar cells from a potential flood of Chinese imports, which could disrupt sensitive industries and undermine US economic interests.

China denies unfair trade practices
In an immediate response to the measures, China's Foreign Ministry said on Tuesday, Beijing "opposes unilateral tariff hikes in violation of WTO rules."

In April, China's Minister of Commerce Wang Wentao said the speedy rise of the country's EV companies was not because of subsidies, but due to "constant innovations."

US and European allegations of market distortion through state subsidies and overcapacity are without merit, he said, and attributed China's EV edge to a "well-established supply chain system and market competition."

Wang made the remarks on April 7, during a roundtable discussion in Paris with representatives from more than 10 Chinese companies including EV makers Geely and BYD as well as EV-battery manufacturer CATL. The roundtable discussion centered around the European Union's anti-subsidy probe into electric vehicle imports from China, among other topics.

What is the EU doing?
The EU launched an investigation in October to determine if it should impose tariffs on imports of EVs from China "to offset state subsidies, and to level the playing field," following a substantial increase in imports.

EU Commission President Ursula von der Leyen said in September that the "global market is flooded with cheaper electric vehicles" and that prices are "kept artificially low" because of "huge state subsidies."

Utilizing its newest competition tool, the Foreign Subsidies Regulation (FSR), the EU probe into Chinese EVs represents a significant departure from traditional trade defense measures. The investigation focuses on determining whether Chinese producers have received domestic subsidies and whether such subsidies harm EU carmakers.

If deemed injurious, the Commission will impose higher import duties on Chinese EVs — currently between 10% and 20% — to mitigate the adverse effects on European industries.

Top executives at German carmakers BMW and Volkswagen have warned against imposing EU import duties on Chinese EVs, saying such a move would harm auto producers that import Chinese-made cars, hurt the EU's green transition plans and risk retaliation from Beijing.

"You could very quickly shoot yourself in the foot," BMW CEO Oliver Zipse said earlier this month. "We don't think that our industry needs protection."

German carmakers, including Mercedes-Benz, rely heavily on revenues from the Chinese market.
Najgore je svađati se sa budalom. Prvo te spusti na svoj nivo, a onda te dotuče iskustvom...
Slika Slika

ljubitelj
Pridružio se: 10 Sep 2012, 21:16

Post od ljubitelj » 14 Maj 2024, 23:56

Pratim intezivno ovu temu mesecima i gomila intervjua, tabela, saoštenja raznih se sustižu dana za danom na temu ponovne protekcije i zatvaranja zapada. I svuda isti zaključak, Kina je fabrika sveta.

Sublimacija ludosti, hipokrizije i totalnog neshvatanja realnosti političara lepo sabrano u jednom tekstu.
Nemačka, Italija su godinama (ranije, početkom 2000tih, celu deceniju) masovno davali državne subvencije proizvodjačima vozila. I forsirali dizele kao zeleni program.

SAD su takodje dali masovnu državnu bespovratnu pomoć Fordu i GM da bi uopšte preživeli nakon krize 2008.

Kina je identično njima kopirala pravila i davala subvencije za otvaranje novih firmi, pa i tih proizvodjača iz EU i SAD. Samo ovoga puta i za SUS i za EV program.

To je bilo i prošlo ali realnost je da GM ima pad u Kini od 78% prihoda i 50% pad prodaje za period 2017. (godina sa max prodajom u Kini)-2023. i trend je dalje opadanje.
BMW ima 80% prihoda i oko 50% prodaje upravo u Kini.
VW ima 50% prihoda iz Kine.
Mercedes slično.

Sve u svemu nemačka može odmah da zatvori par miliona radnih mesta i da ostane samo domaća prodaja a to je jedva 30% ukupne nemačke godišnje produkcije vozila.
A onda neka f. Ursula objasni IGM sindikatu kako je to baš dobro za njih da im se ukinu radna mesta.
Inače, niko u Evropi niti proizvodi niti je sposoban da proizvodi EV barem one osnovne elemente a to je baterija (Kina ima 80+% proizvodnju grafita a koji je neophodan i nezamenljiv za proizvodnju istih).

Šef BMWa sa razlogom sve glasnije upozorava sulude ideje političara, javno su rekli već da BMW može odmah da krene u proces gašenja firme ako izgube poslovanje u Kini.

A tek "overcapacity" što je takodje jedna gospodja (Yelen) proturila u priču pre nekoliko nedelja na baš visokom nivou i to usred Kine kao gost.
Pa tu za "overcapacity" su šampioni sveta upravo Nemačka, Japan i J. Koreja. Osnova njihovih privreda je proizvodnja za izvoz i potrošače van matične zemlje.
Upravo ono što se Kini danas zamera kao veliki greh.
Nemačka ima ugrubo 1:3 odnos prekomernog proizvodnog kapaciteta, Kina je tek na 1:1.

To znači da Nemačka proizvodi 3 puta više automobila nego što može nemačko tržište da proguta. Izvozi se, širom sveta i to je osnova nemačke privrede kao celine.
U SAD je "overcapacity" tek vidljiv na primeru Intela i NVidie.

Danas nailazim na sumornu vest da je Jeep de facto bankrot i da bez spoljne pomoći mogu da zatvore proizvodnju a da Detroit nastavlja da bude grad duhova sa opustošenim halama Big Three.
Vest je američka, i samo se poklopila sa današnjim udarnim vestima oko novih carina na uvoz u SAD.
Slično juče vest iz SAD da Qualcomm takodje gubi kineske porudžbine i da preti sunovrat finansija jer je Huawei osvojio kompletnu zamensku proizvodnju u lokalu. A osim Huaweija sada će i ostali veliki mobilni proizvodjači da prestanu da uzimaju Qualcomm jer imaju sada sve od Huaweia na izvolte.

I tako, dok Kinezi prelaze na (znatno jeftiniju izradu) Natrijum jonske baterije i podižu nove fabrike (današnja vest, nova ogromna fabrika 10 GWh kapaciteta Na Ion se gradi)istih euro birokratija kopira rešenja iz propalih sistema koja su se dokazala kao nefunkcionalna i neodrživa dugoročno.

Sve u svemu umesto da se slušaju ljudi iz fabrika koji vode posao umešali su političari svoje populističke bajke, deja vu. Kao nekada u SFRJ carina 80tih godina na uvozne aute 80 pa sve do 141%...

A BYD ionako već godinama ima EV fabriku u Madjarskoj koja radi, doduše nije program putničkih vozila već autobuski ali EV je EV svejedno.

milosg
Pridružio se: 14 Jan 2014, 01:20
Garaža: XC90

Post od milosg » 17 Maj 2024, 23:05

ljuba je napisao:
13 Mar 2024, 09:57
VW ID Buzz nije ruzan. Samo je malo drugaciji. Odnosno vise su se skoncentrisali na optimizaciju prostora - posto je pogon samo elektricni, mozda zato izgleda cudnije... Inace VW dizajn zadnjih godina je bas jeza. Mada nije jos dostigao Toyotu od pre 5-7 godina, ali je bas u najmanju ruku diskutabilan...

Slika
Videh ovo u par navrata... Moram da priznam, da mi se naknadno svideo, što i samom sebi nevoljno priznajem. :mrgreen:

Odgovori